You can set up due date and number for your invoices and bills at Default Settings under Company Setup.
1. Go to Company.
2. Click Default Settings.
3. Default Due Date Settings lets you set up the due date for your Bill and Invoice payments. You can set it either a particular date of the month or as a number of days after the bill is received or invoice is sent.
a. Choose Bill Due Date as when you would like to make the payments to the bills you receive.
b. Choose Invoice Due Date as you would like your clients to make the payment.
4. Automatic Numbering allows you to keep track of all the Invoices and Credit Notes. By default prefix for Invoice is set to INV- and Credit Note to CRE- but you can change it as you want it to display. Invoice and Credit Note numbers go in the white space provided next to it.
5. Once you have filled out the required fields, click Update.
- Bill Due date is the date by which you would like to make the payment to the bills received. You have 2 options to choose from either a particular date of the month or a certain number of days after the bill is sent.
- Invoice Due Date is the date by which you would like your customers to make payments by. You have 2 options to choose from either a particular date of the month or a certain number of days after the invoice is sent in.
- Automatic Numbering is set to prefix of INV for Invoice and CRE for Credit Note. It can be edited.
- If you do not want to enter any number for either of the two, the system will automatically generate a number for Invoice or Credit Note that can be changed anytime.