If your customer has returned something or made an overpayment, to keep things simple you can create a Credit Memo, also known as Credit Note, for him. Anytime they make a future purchase, that Credit Note can be used to make the payment.
1. Go to Transactions and click Others.
2.Click Credit Memo.
3. Click Add New.
4. Select Customer Name.
Please note If you do not have a vendor in the list and need to create one, click Add New in the drop down section.
5. Credit Memo Number is auto generated with the option to change it.
6. Select the Date.
7. Enter Reference, if any.
8. Enter the details in Memo Details.
9. Click Draft or Approve as needed.
- Credit Memo has to be approved for to be used for an invoice.
- You can create a new Credit Memo from Quick Add New Menu in the top right corner.